Carrboro United launched in March of 2020 as a central food hub to efficiently and safely feed Carrboro/Chapel Hill’s citizens and invigorate the local foodservice economy at the start of the COVID-19 pandemic. Carrboro United established itself as a one-stop shop for contactless pickup of prepared heat and serve family meals from popular local restaurants like Acme, Glasshalfull, and Jujube; coffee by the pound from local roasters like Gray Squirrel and Carrboro Coffee Roasters; meat bundles from Firsthand Foods and Lady Edison; baked goods and specialty products from local artisans; and much more.
Carrboro United closed operations in June 2021 after 15 months in business and over $1 million brought back into the local economy.
Carrboro United at a glance:
- Brought well over $1 million back into the local economy
- $45,000 donated to community organizations through the Pay It Forward program
- 45 vendors participating throughout the year
- 20 employees hired and paid a living wage
- 5,476 dozen local eggs purchased
- Over 1,000 bags of local coffee bought
- 1,332 pounds of local mushrooms purchased
- Over 22,000 family meals enjoyed by local families and prepared by local restaurants
You can read more about it:
All Carrboro United gift cards with remaining balances have been transferred to use at Acme Food & Beverage Company in Carrboro, NC.
Please use the link below to check your card balance and access your updated gift card number.
- The top number beneath the QR code is the NEW gift card number that you can redeem in-person at Acme or online for Acme To-Go.
- The bottom number is the OLD number that you entered initially to access this page. This number is no longer active.
For any gift card related questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.