Register to vote
North Carolina residents may use this form to register to vote or to update their name, address or party affiliation. Mail the signed form to your county board of elections office. Click here to find the mailing address of your county board of elections office. DMV customers may register to vote or update their registrations (except name change) online.
To register to vote or update your current voter registration:
- Complete a voter registration form.
- Print the form.
- Sign the form (ink to paper). You must submit the original form by mail or in-person if you are a new registrant. If you are an existing registrant in the county, you may also fax or email the signed form.
- Mail the form to your county board of elections.
Once you’re registered to vote, register to vote by mail (our #1 pick for global pandemic-type times)
To begin, you must complete an absentee ballot request form and submit it to your County Board of Elections. Here’s a step-by-step guide to this process:
- By email to your local County Board of Elections’ email address. This is email@example.com for Orange County.
- By fax to your County Board of Elections’ fax number. This is 919-644-3318 for Orange County.
- By mail to your County Board of Elections’ mailing address. This is P.O. Box 220, Hillsborough, NC 27278 for Orange County.
- In-person drop-off at your County Board of Elections’ office. This is 208 S Cameron Street, Hillsborough, NC 27278 for Orange County.